Mark Berry February 17, 2012
I’ve repurposed an old Dell PowerEdge 1500SC with a PERC 3/SC RAID card for use as a Linux phone server running Asterisk. Unfortunately, the only version of Dell OpenManage that works for the 1500SC (OpenManage 4.5 docs and download) is only supported under Redhat 7.1. I’m using CentOS 5.2, so I’m out of luck.
I eventually found that I could use Linux tools for the LSI MegaRAID SCSI 320-1LP to control and monitor the PERC 3/SC. Visit this download page and search for “OS: Linux”.More...
Mark Berry June 29, 2007
So you’ve got a hot-swap SCSI RAID array and you figure you are covered, even if a disk fails. Well, that is usually true. Kinda. Here is a long story with a few short conclusions about what to do when SCSI drives start failing.More...
Welcome to MCB Systems!
MCB Systems is a San Diego-based provider of software and information technology services.
Our software services include customization and programming to make software work for you.
Our proactive I.T. services help businesses control costs by providing a fixed monthly bill for routine I.T. services.
We take a consulting approach that listens first and provides solutions tailored to your business.
This Tech Blog is geared towards programmers and I.T. professionals, but end users may be interested to glimpse what goes on "behind the scenes" in developing software and keeping their computing environments stable and secure. Also visit the main User Blog.
Blog author Mark Berry owns MCB Systems.
Contact MCB Systems today to discuss your technology needs!
- Office 365 SMTP Relay: What KB2600912 Doesn’t Tell You
- Lenovo System Update UNCServer.exe
- Event 7026: Boot-Start Device SBRE Failed to Load
- Scoped Snapshots vmicvss Error 13 on Server 2012, Windows 8
- Batch Convert PDF to PDF/A
- Find the Largest Files on a Linux Machine
- Use CutePDF to Print to PDF/A for Free
- Access Point Won’t Stay Up with POE
- Restore a Hyper-V Server to an Optiplex 960, Take 3
- Adding a Target Volume Using Wbadmin